Car Detail Page FINANCE
Triumph 1800 Roadster 1947 (Historic Plate) Black
Manufactured on 21st November 1947 and first registered in Hampshire with its current registration number GCG 292, this lovely Triumph 1800 Roadster is, according to the BMIHT Heritage Certificate, finished in its original colour scheme of Black with Beige trim and is a 'matching numbers' car.
There is a large history file with the car and from 1957 we know it has only had 5 owners with current owner having purchased the car in 2011.
We have been advised by the owner that the following work has been undertaken in the last 2 years:
1. Engine completely rebuilt in August 2016 and converted to lead free petrol by
Southern Engines Ltd. (Only 20 miles covered since rebuild!)
2. Gower and Lee professionally refurbished Solex FAIE 35 carburettor fitted
including new lower carb body.
3. Distributor remanufactured by Distributor Doctor Ltd.
4. New ignition coil, distributor cap, plug leads, plugs and caps fitted.
5. New engine mounting blocks fitted (now no longer available).
6. Flexolite machined aluminium oil filter adaptor fitted to take an Audi spin-off oil
7. Crankshaft pulley, belts and hoses all replaced.
8. Radiator professionally re-cored and pressure tested by Feltham Radiators
Ltd. Refitted with new hoses, thermostat housing and a machined aluminium
expansion tank; this can be removed to return it to original if required (parts
9. Electric auxiliary radiator fan fitted.
10. Starter motor and dynamo overhauled.
11. Complete re-spray.
12. Professionally remanufactured brake master cylinder from Triumph Roadster
13. All brake wheel cylinders professionally remanufactured and fitted with
stainless steel sleeves, seals, etc.
14. New brake shoe linings fitted to all shoes.
15. New Lucas 45AH battery and battery leads fitted.
16. New King Pins fitted to front suspension.
17. New track rod ends fitted to front steering including the very difficult to obtain
steering box drop link joint.
18. Replacement ball joints fitted to the gear change rods.
19. Completelyre-wired with a new Triumph wiring loom. At the same time,
modern relays fitted to control electrical components. The relays could be
removed to return it to the original condition.
20. Flashing indicators fitted utilising change over switch and relays thereby
allowing the use of flashers or original working trafficators.
21. All lighting refurbished and front lights fitted with LED bulbs including super
bright LED headlights. Both headlights modified to dip rather than one dip
and the other turn off.
22. Spotlights fitted.
23. Dash clock professionally refurbished by JDO Instruments Ltd.
24. New speedometer cable fitted.
25. New windscreen rubber fitted.
26. External Homs refurbished.
27. New set of Austone radial tires fitted.
28. New sprung wing mirrors and interior rear view mirror fitted.
29. Electric windscreen washer fitted.
The Roadster's chassis, frame and bodywork have been examined by the Triumph specialist 'Enginuity' in West London and declared excellent and only negative points are a small split on the passenger side of the front bench seat that needs re-stitching plus it would benefit from a new set of carpets and there is paint sinkage on the top of the O/S/R wing where it had a repair, but otherwise it is lovely!
The car is MOT exempt, but we will put a new MOT on the car upon sale.
Car on display @ our showrooms in Mortlake.
- Type -
- Year -
- Basic colour -
- Colour name -
- Transmission -
- Orientation -
Right Hand Drive
- Trim -
- Wheels -
- Type -